Gain WeChat Followers with Offline To Online Events
Congratulations, you have successfully registered your WeChat, set up your templates and your backend and are now posting weekly with 2 to 3 articles per post. You have developed your schedule for the coming 3 to 6 months to know what you’re going to post when. You have campaigns planned to convert your followers into leads and opportunities. There’s just one problem. Followers.
And the often overlooked but most important part of WeChat for a business developing leads and doing branding is building the following. There are many ways to do this, but the most effective is leveraging your offline activities to gain followers.
There are a variety of strategies. Having a QR code on your business card, connecting and inviting people to follow the account, email footers with the QR code, but the number one Most effective Way to build your following is by leveraging off-line events such as speaking engagements, presentations, exhibitions and tradeshows. This is where most of our clients have had the greatest success. Here are some tips.
– Before the show, send out an email blast announcing that you’ll be at the show and that people can follow your WeChat for more information along with your QR code
– Feature of the QR code with a sign saying “follow us on WeChat” and feature this prominently on your booth
– At the front desk of your booth, have a small stand displaying a follow us with QR code
– Create a game whereby anyone who follows you at the event has a chance to win a prize, such as a phone or tablet device
– Brief your staff about the importance of getting followers and have them actively invite visitors to follow you and participate